Reverend Janet Hawkins has served Fort Hill United Methodist Church since 1986 and is currently the Minister of Visitation. She retired as the Minister of Music and Congregational Care in 2019. She was ordained Deacon in Full Connection in 2000.
She attended Longwood College, Southern Illinois University, and Union Theological Seminary & Presbyterian School of Christian Education.
What does Janet enjoy doing in her personal time?
- Reading, working jigsaw puzzles and Sudoku.
- Cross stitching.
- Working in the yard, even weeding, mulching and mowing.
- She logs lots of miles walking Happy Lee, their high energy young dog.
- She likes to cook “…which is a good thing because I like to eat.”
- Going to the beach and anything that involves water – swimming, boating, water skiing, etc.
- She cherishes times spent with her husband, siblings and extended family.