Reverend Ron Litten has served 14 churches in a span of 34 years across Virginia. He began his ministry in the Winchester area but eventually moved further South until he came to Lynchburg in 1988. For the past 28+ years, he has been in the greater Lynchburg area serving churches in the city and Campbell County.
He has been married to his wife, Roberta, for over 32 years, and has two sons, Joshua and Zachary. Ron and Roberta met at what is now known as Shenandoah University in 1980. They were married in 1984 while Ron was serving his first church in the same community. Roberta is a retired Math Teacher after 31 years and is enjoys being involved at Fort Hill United Methodist Church with all the wonderful people.
He says, “It has been my greatest pleasure to be appointed to and serve at Fort Hill United Methodist Church, as I have rekindled some of my earlier positive experiences with this church. I have often said that Fort Hill UMC is one of the best-kept secrets in the Lynchburg area.”
“Fort Hill UMC is a place where the people are truly caring, and the Spirit of God overflows in a multitude of blessings.” As Ron likes to say, “We deal in Grace here!”
What does Ron enjoy doing in his personal time?
- Playing golf, “…even though I am not at all good at it.”
- Reading mysteries and history
- Model railroading, HO scale, and wants to build his own layout one day.
- Taking walks, hiking and being out in nature.
- He loves Disney World!
- Painting with oils
- He likes photography.
- He loves his dogs, and dogs in general. “I never met a dog I didn’t want to pet, and in fact when we are out with family, they put me on a 3-dog limit.”
- He absolutely enjoys spending time with family and friends.
- He enjoys playing games, but not the kind he played growing up. His oldest son taught us about games like Lord of Water Deep, Castles of Mad King Ludwig, 7 Wonders, and others that his friends play. He is definitely beyond Parcheesi and Monopoly.